WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- L.A.M.A. AI using Reinforcement Learning
- Intrusion Detection system
- Competitive coding
- Why The Hype Around GANs
- 3D reconstruction using 2D images
- Computer Vision Workbench
- 3D Object Classification using Mesh Neural Network
- Lossless high entropy compression algorithm
- ML GYM
- Tools for Web Development
- Strategy Wars [Online]
- Food Recommendation through Machine Learning
- Conversational Chatbot
- Virtual Keyboard
- Super Shenron
- Gestures for 3D space
- Road Network 3D Rendering using OpenGL
- Face Recognition using Statistics
- Introduction to Kaggle and Machine Learning
- Krittika Website
- Rubik's cube solver
- Planet/Atmosphere Renderer using OpenGL
- Digital Depth Perception
- KontaKt App
- Tinkerers’ Laboratory Website
- Graphic Intensive MUSIC APP
- Pool It!
- Insti Buddy
- Intelligent agents
This internship involves front-end development for various FOSSEE websites.
- Wireframe/layout a website or web application.
- Design and implement user-facing features considering rendering time and reusability of UI components.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to- use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Create and edit PNG and JPEG images and/or take a PSD and turn it into a working website.
- Write HTML and CSS from scratch.
- Knowledge of Django/Python/PHP is required.
Improve three Django based websites
- Learnt the basics of Django
- Learnt CSS for styling
- Learnt Bootstrap
- Setup development environment
- Fetched multiple data sets for the website
- Website was very slow to load as data was fetched using search methods( defining models for each category and book).
- Fixed some minor errors like missing images, padding issues etc.
- Learnt git
- Learnt Ajax for fetching data faster on the website (Vidhan: Although I didn’t learn ajax in week0, but I guess it would’ve taken much lesser time to fetch data dynamically if I did.)
- Removed all previously defined models for searching in database, fetched all data with ajax( much faster, no lag issues.).
- Setup a textbox, to load example-code and execute it.
- Currently fixing navbar errors - Chapters and Books don’t load in same panel.
- Defined some jQuery functions to add div dynamically to rendered html.
- Loaded codes from example directory into textbox.
- Minor navbar issues still there. Started working on 2nd task while side by side debugging navbar issues of 1st task.
- Fetching results of loaded example by sending data to scilab app and then loading compiled code from app into result textbox.