WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- L.A.M.A. AI using Reinforcement Learning
- Intrusion Detection system
- Competitive coding
- Why The Hype Around GANs
- 3D reconstruction using 2D images
- Computer Vision Workbench
- 3D Object Classification using Mesh Neural Network
- Lossless high entropy compression algorithm
- ML GYM
- Tools for Web Development
- Strategy Wars [Online]
- Food Recommendation through Machine Learning
- Conversational Chatbot
- Virtual Keyboard
- Super Shenron
- Gestures for 3D space
- Road Network 3D Rendering using OpenGL
- Face Recognition using Statistics
- Introduction to Kaggle and Machine Learning
- Krittika Website
- Rubik's cube solver
- Planet/Atmosphere Renderer using OpenGL
- Digital Depth Perception
- KontaKt App
- Tinkerers’ Laboratory Website
- Graphic Intensive MUSIC APP
- Pool It!
- Insti Buddy
- Intelligent agents
This project is mostly aimed towards people who are interested in machine learning and involves the use of machine learning algorithms to identify the various music genres
One of the things we, humans, are particularly good at is classifying songs. In just a few seconds we can tell whether we’re listening to Classical music, Rap, Blues or EDM. However, this task is one which computers have historically haven’t been able to solve well. We aim to develop a machine learning algorithm which automatically classifies a song into its correct genre.
The mentee would be expected to work with cutting edge machine learning algorithms to improve the classification of genres. This would require exploratory data analysis, feature selection (which features are relevant towards identification of genres) and implementation of machine learning algorithms to best classify the data.
Get familiarized with the basics of machine learning. One of the excellent resources to kick-off your machine learning journey would be this excellent course offered by Andrew Ng on Coursera
Your proposal should include your experience with machine learning, programming in python (or any standard language) and other relevant projects. It should also include a rough timeline of what you aim to achieve at the end of 2 months.
|Coursera Machine Learning Course||https://www.coursera.org/learn/machine-learning|