WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- L.A.M.A. AI using Reinforcement Learning
- Intrusion Detection system
- Competitive coding
- Why The Hype Around GANs
- 3D reconstruction using 2D images
- Computer Vision Workbench
- 3D Object Classification using Mesh Neural Network
- Lossless high entropy compression algorithm
- ML GYM
- Tools for Web Development
- Strategy Wars [Online]
- Food Recommendation through Machine Learning
- Conversational Chatbot
- Virtual Keyboard
- Super Shenron
- Gestures for 3D space
- Road Network 3D Rendering using OpenGL
- Face Recognition using Statistics
- Introduction to Kaggle and Machine Learning
- Krittika Website
- Rubik's cube solver
- Planet/Atmosphere Renderer using OpenGL
- Digital Depth Perception
- KontaKt App
- Tinkerers’ Laboratory Website
- Graphic Intensive MUSIC APP
- Pool It!
- Insti Buddy
- Intelligent agents
Spreading ‘rumours’ on devices connected to the same Wi-Fi via an app
This is a completely new project with no past work. The project will take the form of an app (android/ios).
Rumour can be an image, pdf or simply text. Users can choose to create rumours anonymously and then “spread” them anonymously. The interesting point is that rumours are spread over a wifi as a broadcast. All the users connected to the same wifi get the rumour on the phone. These rumours would be shown as a deck in a tinder like fashion. They can then choose to “spread” or “not spread” the rumour (in future when connected to another wifi) by swiping right or left. (Don’t know what the analogous gesture of superlike would mean here! xD) Because of spatial locality, the rumours are guaranteed to be interesting. This is basically like gossip but anonymous. Imagine when you are coming from wing to lecture hall, you carry along all the interesting stuff of hostels to be spread in the lecture hall.
Other non interesting but commercial uses include-
- sharing meaningful content and
- powerful advertisement space.
Prerequisites : Knowledge of app development highly recommended but not mandatory.