WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- L.A.M.A. AI using Reinforcement Learning
- Intrusion Detection system
- Competitive coding
- Why The Hype Around GANs
- 3D reconstruction using 2D images
- Computer Vision Workbench
- 3D Object Classification using Mesh Neural Network
- Lossless high entropy compression algorithm
- ML GYM
- Tools for Web Development
- Strategy Wars [Online]
- Food Recommendation through Machine Learning
- Conversational Chatbot
- Virtual Keyboard
- Super Shenron
- Gestures for 3D space
- Road Network 3D Rendering using OpenGL
- Face Recognition using Statistics
- Introduction to Kaggle and Machine Learning
- Krittika Website
- Rubik's cube solver
- Planet/Atmosphere Renderer using OpenGL
- Digital Depth Perception
- KontaKt App
- Tinkerers’ Laboratory Website
- Graphic Intensive MUSIC APP
- Pool It!
- Insti Buddy
- Intelligent agents
Augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real-world are “augmented” by computer-generated perceptual information.
This project aims to build a AR Chess app which lets users to play chess without actually having a chess board and pieces. The user can either print one of the available chess board image markers or define a new image target.
Google about Augmented Reality to know more about it.
Unity is an excellent Game Engine used to build stable and high end games. We will be using Unity for developing this project. For Augmented Reality in Unity, we are going to use Vuforia SDK.
It is compulsory to install Unity, and setup Vuforia and complete the tutorials given in the resource in order to be eligible for further consideration. You will be asked for apk of the tutorial app to prove your competenc
Work to be done
|Week 1||Familiarization with Unity software and Vuforia SDK|
|Week 2||Development of Marker Based Chess Board.|
|Week 3||Add features to select a piece and move it to some other place.|
|Week 4||Highlight areas where a piece can go. Also give warning for Check and game over for Checkmate.|
|Week 5||Add one vs player module.|
|Week 6||Move on to Markerless Chess Board, typically some table surface.|
|Week 7||Add Multiplayer element to make this playable from two different smartphones.|
|Week 8||Documentation and Final.|