WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- L.A.M.A. AI using Reinforcement Learning
- Intrusion Detection system
- Competitive coding
- Why The Hype Around GANs
- 3D reconstruction using 2D images
- Computer Vision Workbench
- 3D Object Classification using Mesh Neural Network
- Lossless high entropy compression algorithm
- ML GYM
- Tools for Web Development
- Strategy Wars [Online]
- Food Recommendation through Machine Learning
- Conversational Chatbot
- Virtual Keyboard
- Super Shenron
- Gestures for 3D space
- Road Network 3D Rendering using OpenGL
- Face Recognition using Statistics
- Introduction to Kaggle and Machine Learning
- Krittika Website
- Rubik's cube solver
- Planet/Atmosphere Renderer using OpenGL
- Digital Depth Perception
- KontaKt App
- Tinkerers’ Laboratory Website
- Graphic Intensive MUSIC APP
- Pool It!
- Insti Buddy
- Intelligent agents
The goal is to design a visually appealing gravity simulator. The final aim is to simulate two colliding galaxies. The project will have two components, one is implementing physics stuff, and the other one will be rendering the system onto the screen and creating a GUI.
In the physics part of the project, we’ll first develop the code for calculation of positions of objects in a normal solar system. After that we’ll be implemeting barnes-hut algorithm to simulate the n-body problem for a galaxy.
The other part will involve developing a renderer, that will take positions of all the objects involved, and use concepts of perpective projection to create images. We also aim to develop a graphical user interface that will enable the user to do things like switching frame of reference, frame rate, simulation speed etc.
Pre Requisite: Experience in C++ or python is not necessary, but will be appreciated.
|Week 1||Refreshing/learning python and getting started with pyOpenGl|
|Week 2||Getting finished with PyOpenGL.|
|Week 3||Solar System simulation along with rendering|
|Week 4||Testing and tweaking parameters, and start leaning about Barnes algorithm|
|Week 5||Starting to implement Barnes algorithm in galaxy simulation|
|Week 6||Barnes algorithm and GUI|
|Week 7||Barnes algorithm and GUI|
|Week 8||Testing, and Tweaking parameters(frame rate, speed, etc.) to obtain a good looking simulation.|